About The Practice From Our Medical Director
Alliance Medical Group
Dr. Chike Obianwu, MD, MBA, FACOG, FACS
Alliance OBGYN-Medical group/Dr. Obianwu has over 20 years of experience in women's healthcare in the community, specializing in High-Risk Pregnancies and Minimally invasive gynecology. Former Chief of Obstetrics and Medical Director Center for Women at Virtua Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ, for over 12 years.
Alliance OBGYN / Dr. Obianwu has been at the forefront of women's health in the community. We have continued to promote access to women's health, especially for the vulnerable and disadvantaged in our community. Despite our challenges, my practice has not received any cost-of-living increase, reevaluation, or determination of its compensation rate since 2009, at which point we first joined the network. We have been providing outstanding quality access to care, having one of the best outcomes in patient satisfaction, including a lower rate of cesarean section in the Virtua Mount Holly system.
Alliance OBGYN / Dr. Obianwu is a member of Virtua Physician Network, which collaborates and set standards for clinical outcomes and quality measures among the affiliated Network practices in the community.
Our current care team consists of Board qualified physicians, OB/GYN care coordinators, women's health nurse practitioners, and midwives. One of the midwives also has additional advanced training in mental health and postpartum depression.
Alliance OBGYN has demonstrated:
- Measurable Quality care and good outcomes
- C SECTION rate lower than hospital and National average
- Readmission to hospital rate lower hospital than the National average
- The surgical site infection rate is lower than the hospital and National average.
- Practice distinction and expertise
- Patient satisfaction surveys average 4.8 out of 5-star ratings
- Alliance is comparable and equitable with other practices serving similar communities.
Dr. Obianwu Clinical Distinctions:
- Dr. Obianwu is one of two pioneer Physicians in the state performing Vnotes Surgery for women in New Jersey. Minimally invasive gynecology surgery for women–outpatient hysterectomy and major gynecological procedure that does not require hospital admission, less pain, and return to work and normal activity within a short time. Significant cost savings.
vNOTES – Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Dr. Obianwu has remained a National Proctor and consultant since 2012 for Davinci Robotic Procedures.
- Fellow of MIGS – ABOG Diplomate Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery within the specialty of OBGYN.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Focused Practice Designation FAQs (abog.org)
- Alliance OBGYN is affiliated with an Ambulatory Surgery Center and accredited by Quad A, CMS, and DOH, with over 90% patient satisfaction over five years.
- Alliance OB/GYN provides outpatient surgical services to its patients without the need to use costly hospital costs to its patient.
Political Position at the Hospital or in the Community:
- Chief of Obstetrics and Medical Director Virtua
- Member of Governor Todd Whitman's panel on Black Maternal Infant mortality
- Member Gynecology surgery best practice Committee Virtua Hospital
- Member Robotic Committee Virtua
- Served on several hospital QI Committees in The Virtua system.
- OB-GYN Consultant at Southern Jersey Family Medical Center, Burlington County.
- Serve as Assistant Clinical Professor at Rowan and Drexel Universities and involved in residency teaching and education.
- Castle Connelly Consumers Research Council of America – Americas Top Obstetrician -Gynecologist since 2004-present,
- Cooper University NJ Top Doctors, since 2010- Current
- Inside New Jersey Magazine Top Doctors since 1992
- Philadelphia Magazine Top Doctors since 2019-2023 consecutively
Concierge OB/GYN & Women's Health
Locally Owned and Operated Since 2008
Call For Appointments
400 Creek Crossing Boulevard, Suite 412
Hainesport, NJ 08036
5045 Route 130 South, Suite I
Delran, NJ 08075
150 Mt Holly Bypass
Lumberton, NJ 08048
Alliance OBGYN is a gynecology and obstetrics clinic locate in Hainseport & Delran New Jersey led by board-certified physician Dr. Chike Obianwu. The information on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult a healthcare provider for concierge care. The practitioners at Alliance OBGYN are certified by the American Medical Association, American Academy Of Cosmetic Surgery, American College Of Surgeons, American College Of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Academy Of Pediatrics. Alliance OBGYN is a certified ASF surgery facility